- "We", "Us", "Our", "Goldstar RV" and "Company" refers to Gold Star RV Pty Ltd (ACN 167 498 302) and shall include entities related to or associated with Us, any successor or assignee company.
- "client" or "customer" refers to an individual or entity that purchases a caravan or other related products and services from Us.
- "registered service provider" refers to an individual registered with Us to provide goods or services to a customer, such as an asset financier.
- "service" and "services" refers to the caravan or other related products and services that We supply, and to the introduction or placement of a registered service provider on request by a customer and the services that are subsequently carried out for a customer by a registered service provider.
- "you" means any person who or on behalf whom this policy is being read, who provides personal information to Us, or whose information We collect.
- "Website" refers to the website hosted at the domain https://goldstarrv.com.au/ or other websites nominated by Us.
- "Personal Information" means information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion and includes any further Personal Information that We obtain as a result of any continuing contact or when receiving services or by the provision of services and shall include the Sensitive information.
- "Sensitive Information" is Personal Information which includes information or an opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion or association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association or trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record, biometric information, genetic information or health information.
Information You provide to Us
When you communicate by phone, send Us an email, send information to Us through Our Website, or write to Us, you provide Us with information that We may collect, store and use. Details of the types of information collected are set out in Our Collection Notification Statement, available on Our website. We will not disclose or refer to you by use of any Government identifiers unless We are required to do so by law. We will not ordinarily seek to collect Sensitive Information (such as a data relating to your race, ethnic origin, religious belief, political preference, criminal record, physical or mental health or sexual orientation) from you for reasons other than those disclosed above. If it is necessary for Us to collect such information, We will obtain your consent. However, you acknowledge that We may obtain such information from you inadvertently, including via photographs or other records which may be provided to Us.
Other information We receive and store
When you visit Our Website, We may store "cookies" on your computer.
Further detail of the way in which We may hold and use data and cookies is set out in the Data and Cookies policy available on Our Website.
Tracking emails to Our Customers & Registered Service Providers
When We send group emails to a selected group such as an email containing a newsletter, We sometimes track who opened email and hyperlinks. We do this to measure the performance of Our Email Campaigns and to improve Our response.
You do not have to provide Us with any Personal Information if you are a visitor to Our Website and you may choose to remain anonymous or to provide Us with a pseudonym if you do not wish to reveal your identity. However, you should be aware that by remaining anonymous or by providing a pseudonym, We may be unable to provide services to you or Our ability to do so may be affected or limited. We may also be unable to respond to any request, particularly if We have a concern in relation to the dissemination of information to an unknown party.
Information from other sources
Unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so, We will collect your Personal Information directly from you. Sometimes We may have information provided by others or it may be necessary for Us to collect your Personal Information from a third party or from a publically available source. We will only collect Personal Information in that way where We are permitted to do so under the Act. Where Personal Information is collected from another party, We will take reasonable steps to inform you, at or as soon as possible after collection. We may obtain additional information about you by independent means, such as social media websites.
Use and disclosure of Your Personal Information
The main purposes for which we collect Personal Information are:
- Promote the use, including initial and continuing use, of Our services. For example, if you leave your Personal Information when you visit Our Website, email Us or contact Us by phone and do not book any of Our services, We may send you one or more emails asking if you wish to receive a service. If you use any of Our services and may benefit from using one or more other services We offer, We may send you an email telling you about the other service or services.
- For administration and management services.
- To bill and collect sums owed to Us by you. Uses for this purpose include sending you emails, invoices, receipts, account reminders and notices, to alert you if We need a different credit card number and to otherwise collect money owed. We use third parties to handle secure credit card transaction processing, who maintain all Personal Information in confidence, to process your orders and credit card payments.
- For recruitment and employment purposes including expressions of interest in working for Us.
- In relation to applications for employment which may include the collection of Sensitive Information (such as police record), which you consent to Us collecting solely in relation to your employment.
- To help implement and maintain compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the use of Our services for Our customers or the Terms and Conditions of Registration for registered service providers.
- To provide customer support and obtain feedback.
- To protect the rights and safety of Us, Our customers, registered service providers, agents and others.
- As a customer you consent to Us providing such of your personal information to Our related entities or a registered service provider as is necessary to enable them to perform the services.
- We will only collect your Personal Information where it is reasonably necessary to enable Us to undertake one or more of Our activities.
Security of Personal Information
We will take reasonable commercial measures to ensure the security of your Personal Information, whether kept in electronic form or hard copy.
We use a range of physical and electronic procedures to ensure the privacy of your Personal Information is safeguarded. These include restricting physical access to Our offices and maintaining a secure computer system and database.
Our servers are protected by password, propriety software, firewalls, lock and key and other security measures.
Password protected access levels and user privileges limit access to your electronically stored personal information. This means that a user will only have access to your Personal Information that is necessary to carry out their work. Hard copy records are shredded and disposed of by secure means.
Our employees and service providers are obliged to respect and maintain the confidentiality of any personal information held by Us.
However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure and you acknowledge and accept that risk in engaging with Us.
We safeguard Your Personal Information
We do not sell, lend or trade your Personal Information to third parties. We do not provide your Personal Information to third parties so that those third parties can directly market their goods or services to you without your consent.
We sometimes employ marketing companies or computer programmers to carry out work for Us and they may have access to your Personal Information. They are only permitted to use your Personal Information for the purpose of carrying out the work that We have contracted them to do and for no other purpose. They are not permitted to retain any records of your Personal Information.
Like many organisations, We utilize cloud services technology. Our servers remain in Australia, but those of some of Our cloud service providers may be located offshore. Although those services transmit data, they do not disclose data and We do not provide your personal information to any overseas person or entity. We will inform you if Our practices change in relation to those matters.
Notice of breach of security
We will notify you, as soon as possible, if a breach in security results in an unauthorized intrusion into Our system that materially affects you and will subsequently report the corrective action taken in response to the intrusion. Specifically, We will comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act in the event of an occurrence of a notifiable data breach to the Privacy Commissioner.
In the event of a data breach, We will:
- Take all reasonable steps to recover or otherwise secure your personal information;
- Limit access to your personal information;
- Minimise the risk of harm; and
- Take such other steps as We may decide would be prudent for Us to take in the circumstances.
We will also notify you of any breach in the event that We, acting reasonably, form the view that the breach is likely to result in any serious harm.
Notification of changes
Accuracy of data and Your rights to make changes
Where We obtain any data as a result of your use of Our Website or through other information which you provide to Us you acknowledge that We will own the data and any rights which may subsist in it. Such data will normally be collected in aggregated form and not contain personal information which would otherwise identify you. For more information relating to the collection of data, please see our Cookie and Data policy on our website.
We do our best to keep your details accurate and up-to-date. To do this, it is necessary for you to provide Us with timely information. If your data changes, then you should notify Us of those changes so that we can keep your records up-to-date. If you believe that any Personal Information which we have collected about you is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date please contact Us and We will take all reasonable steps to correct it in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We retain your personal information only for so long as reasonably required to meet the purposes for which We have the right to use the information. We will give you access to any of your Personal Information that We hold about you as quickly as possible and within thirty days of any request you make for such information. We may charge for providing this information to you, if permitted by law. In some circumstances We may refuse to give you access to Personal Information and in those circumstances We will explain why.
Access may be denied for reasons including those below:
- We reasonably believe that giving the information would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of an individual or to public health and safety;
- providing access would create an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the request is frivolous or vexatious;
- the request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings and is not available by the process of discovery;
- providing access would prejudice negotiations with the individual making the request by revealing our intention;
- access would be unlawful;
- denial of access is authorised or required by law;
- access would prejudice enforcement related activities of an enforcement body;
- access would reveal evaluative information of "a commercially sensitive", decision making process or information; or
- any other reason that is provided for in the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s) or the Privacy Act.
Credit related information
Where We provide services to you on credit (that is, where you will pay for those services after We start providing them to you), We may be a credit provider for the purposes of the Privacy Act.
We may collect, hold and use certain credit related information about you. We will generally only obtain this information from you. We do not collect or exchange information with credit reporting bodies and other credit providers. We use credit related information to assist Us in determining whether We will provide or continue to provide services to you on credit and to manage Our relationship with you.
Unless otherwise required by law, We only disclose your credit related information to third parties in limited circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act. We may disclose your credit related information to parties that provide credit related services to Us such as debt collectors, credit management agencies, advisers and Our agents. We may also disclose your credit related information to a third party that you or We request act as a guarantor in relation to any credit provided to you, or as required by law or the order of a court or tribunal.
How you can access and/or amend your credit related information
You may request access to any credit related information that We hold about you and/or request that We correct any credit related information that We hold about you. We will endeavour to respond to your request within 30 days (or such longer period as you may agree).
If We correct credit related information that We hold about you without you first making a correction request, We will take reasonable steps to notify that correction to you.
We reserve Our rights
Our contact details
21 Hales Dr, Lonsdale SA 5160
Or, you can use Our Contact Form on Our Website to email Us.
Collection Notification Statement
This statement applies to each of the following entities, which are referred to as "Goldstar RV":
- Goldstar RV
- [insert other organisations that collect personal information from Goldstar customers]
Goldstar RV has collected your Personal Information
Goldstar RV respects and values the privacy and protects the Personal Information of others who we engage with, including you.
Personal Information collected
You have provided us with Personal Information or we collected that information from a third party or external source, which may have included your name, address, phone number, email, organisation and position details.
You may also have provided us with other Personal Information, such as credit or financial information, sensitive information including disability or health information, detail of your ethnic origin, religious belief or other preferences (some of which may be collected inadvertently).
Reasons for collection
The purposes for which we collect Personal Information include:
- Where necessary for us to provide our Services;
- As part of our Services, we collect information from suppliers who provide contract services;
- To provide you with information online, including:
- where you have elected to take part in our e-newsletter service;
- to notify and keep you informed of the events, Services and offers we provide and of current developments;
- For recruitment and employment (including expressions of interest in working for us); and/or
- For administration and management purposes.
Consequence of non-collection
If we do not collect this Personal Information from you, we may be unable to properly provide Services to you, or the nature and extent of those Services may be limited.
Your personal information
- We will not sell your Personal Information without your written consent and only where permitted by law.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information as required by law.
- We may also store, process or back-up your Personal Information on computer servers or networks which are located overseas or in "the cloud", including in [insert countries].
- You may request to access or correct/update the Personal Information that we hold about you at any time.
- We will dispose of or destroy your information within a reasonable time of it no longer being required by us to undertake the provision of our Services.
You may request further information, express concerns and/or queries about the way we manage your Personal Information by contacting our Privacy Officer:
21 Hales Dr, Lonsdale SA 5160